Web management utility cannot be load after reseting device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-06 22:19:11
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hello, I have a TL-WA830RE, recently I wanted to reset my RE, after hitting the reset button at the back of the device, I was not able to open the web management utility page in my browser which is the tplinkextender.net or even hitting 192.168.0.254 (the default gateway that I got from ipconfig). I would like to know how could i get the page to be load up as I have tried plenty of ways suggested in the tp-link website.

I connected them on different tries, cable or wirelessly, what I have tried is,

1. ping tplinkextender.net or 192.168.0.254, it return me a ping (positive result) meaning the RE is working fine, according to tp-link website.
2.setting my IPv4 to dynamic address or static also does not work.
3. typing tplinkextender.net or 192.168.0.254 also does not open up the page.
4. clearing the DNS cache by ipconfig /flushdns command in cmd also does not help.
5. disabling firewall and antivirus also does not help.
6. closing and relaunching my browser, opening other browser also does not load up the page.

I would like to hear from your feedbacks and all helps are much appreciated. Thank you
Options
1 Reply
Re:Web management utility cannot be load after reseting device
2015-07-07 16:51:01
Did you try to restart it and try different computers?
Ensure telnet is enabled on your PC(Start---Control Panel---Programs and Features---Turn Windows Features on or off---Select telnet client). Try to telnet 192.168.0.254.
If nothing works, is it under warranty?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 1