PA2010kit does not work for TV+NET

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-09 03:35:22
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello gents,

so at first I'm giving a scheme, which I made.

link for scheme: http://tinypic.com/r/2rzxnvo/8
Public switch is outside my flat and I have one UTP cable coming to flat..
So, scheme A is obviously easy, one cable UTP - TV+NET, in Switchbox (small plastic box) it is divided into 2 ethernet ports - TV and NET, both work
Does not matter if I use Wiring 1,2,3 it always work with connector.
If I put a connector away and use 2 powerline TP-PA2010 adapters, it does not work - scheme B.
First time I used wiring 1, then wiring 2, nor TV or NET worked. Last time I tried wiring 3 (should be standard wiring) , I have NET working, but not TV.
So by this time, I'm currently using scheme C. only TV is transmitting through powerline adapters and it works. Or I can transmit only NET, and it works.
But I can't manage how to transmit both TV and NET.

Any ideas how to help?

Many thanks in advance
Options
1 Reply
Re:PA2010kit does not work for TV+NET
2015-07-13 15:01:06
In a "normal" world, you should not need to worry about wiring and cables- they should just work. I thus think the problem is with your switch box- what is it please? Model, type of switch (manual/auto)?

My thinking is that the switch box is using two different cabling methods as UTP cable only uses 4 cores and, as we used to do in the long past, we used to wire 4x cores for one connection and the other 4x cores for another connection thus using one cable to connect two devices and at each end we had a special device which would split the cores back into two separate connectors. Try the different cable combinations on each of the two connectors of the switch box and I recon one cable connection will work with one of the ports and the other cable connection will work on the other port. But without knowing what the "switch" device really is only allows me to guess on your behalf.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 461

Replies: 1