Powerline not connecting to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-12 08:03:45
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Rogers

I recently bought a TP-WPA4220 kit, and I had a little bit of trouble pairing them but they are connected fine now, but when I plug into the powerline my laptop recognizes the network but it says "no internet access". The powerline leds are lit up, all the cables are plugged in, yet why can I still not connect?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline not connecting to the internet
2015-07-13 10:33:59
You first need to establish the connection extent. Your router will have an IP address and will be on, let's call it "Plug1". Your notebook will be on "Plug2". Are you able to PING the router from your notebook? If so, then your LAN connection is fine. Are you able to PING Google via its IP address (google.com [58.162.62.29])? Now try using the Google.Com DNS name, does it PING?

If you still have no luck then your router may not be liking the fact that your notebook is using the powerline adapters as a gateway. Where is DHCP coming from? Your router or the ISP?

You could reset your router and retry?
Options