Cannot enter access point's configuration page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-13 19:09:30
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello.

I'm having trouble after resetting my TPLINK TL-WA701N to factory settings.

I used to enter via 192.168.0.254 (yes, i know it's not the default, but somehow this ip was the only one working), but now it just throws a blank page.

In cmd's ipconfig, default gateway is empty.

The AP is connected directly to my pc via ethernet cable, with no other available internet connection.

What should I do? It was working perfectly (not literally, i was trying to get it working but at least i could get to the config page) until i pressed the 'factory settings' button.

PS1. I also tried:
1) setting the default gateway manually
2) resetting the AP pressing the little button (waiting 10 secs til all lights go off)

PS2.
Before the factory settings reset I updated the firmware. I downloaded it in the official's TPLink page.

none of them were of use.

Thank you.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot enter access point's configuration page
2015-07-14 14:11:14
Is it WA701N or WA701ND? What's the hardware version? On bottom of it, what's the default access?
In default settings, connecting to your PC by wire, what's the IP address obtained by DHCP on the PC? Have a check pls.
Options
Also cannot access configuration on TP-Link TL WA701ND
2015-07-20 01:26:28
I have the same problem as Scalimur.

Have been using our TL WA701ND (Ver 1.2) successfully in "Client" mode to pick up Wireless from our router and provide a wired internet connection to our TV.

We got a new router (TP-Link Archer D9) and couldn't get Internet to the TV through the WA701ND so hit "Factory Reset" on the Configuration options of the WA701ND so we could re-start configuration settings from scratch.

Trouble is now the AP seems to be bricked. We cannot connect to this with a LAN cable. The IP Address following the Factory Reset should be 192.168.1.254 (as per the sticker on the bottom of the device, and as per the message on the RHS of the Config Screen before hitting OK to Factory Reset). Windows networking says the device connected by LAN cable does not have a valid IP Address, IPCONFIG from the Command Prompt cannot find the device, Ping to 192.168.1.254 fails...

How can resetting to Factory Defaults Brick the TL WA701ND? I have not installed any firmware updates, the device should be absolutely standard.. Have also attempted Reset using the little pinhole button on the back, but this doesn't change anything.

Please, TP-Link Techs, can you advise how to fix this?

Thanks.

Nole
Options
2015-07-21 04:37:31
Doh, Problem Solved!!

Sorry if I've wasted anyone's time but I realise now that the problem is not the TL WA701ND, but my ignorance of networking.

The Factory Reset put the IP address to 192.168.1.254 (from 192.168.0.254 previously).. The laptop was obtaining its IP address from the Router which was 192.168.0.100. Changing this to a Fixed IP address of 192.168.1.100 presumably put it in the same Domain? as the WA701ND, so then I could ping it and log in..., and change the IP Address back to the same range as the rest of the stuff in the house..., then change the laptop back...

So, problem solved.. I think I used to know that devices had to be in the same IP address range to be able to speak to each other, but I'd forgotten.....

So, sorry to suggest any crit of TP-Link's wonderful devices.....:cool:

Nole
Options
2020-07-12 15:22:55

@Nole thank you so much for this, seems to be a operator system problem rather than a tp link problem, the router/repeater (like said above) will not give the correct ipv4 IP address needed  to communicate with the device, 

Going into network settings and changing the protocol ipv4 properties to the numbers in @Nole's post and setting the primary dns to 8.8.8.8 fixed my problem thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2275

Replies: 4