TP-LINK TL-PA4020 KIT AV500 Two-port Powerline Starter Kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-19 16:34:58
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA4010KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

In the past two months I have had and returned three of these kits. fortunately covered by Amazon 30 day return policy. I dont know what is going on but the units just seem to stop working. No power !! . I had my most recent replacement set delivered yesterday. (saturday) Plugged in and all was fine. Wake up Sunday morning and my power was out at the fuse box. Flicked the trip switch, power back on but again the master unit plugged into my router has no power! The one plugged into my computer via ethernet is working fine!

Previously, the ones I am about to send back, both units would not work. No power.

Any ideas what is going on?

I did wonder if the units had built in surge protection, if not they should have. I wonder if the units are blowing which then trips out my main electric circuit board
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TL-PA4020 KIT AV500 Two-port Powerline Starter Kit
2015-07-20 10:21:26
I doubt the units are causing your breaker to flip as I think you are getting power surges which are causing your units to fail which in turn causes the breaker to trip. Get a surge protector and plug the units into that and see what happens. Get your power voltage checked using a logging power meter to see what's going on.
Options