TL-WPA4230P Poor Wifi response to Android Phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-20 04:25:31
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have a TP-WPA4230P (not visible in the drop down for some reason). I picks up the powerline signal beautifully from the room where I keep the router and provides me with a very quick ethernet connection. However, I seem to have a problem when I connect with my Android Moto G phone over the extended wifi network that the device produces. It is painfully slow unfortunately. I am not sure if the problem is around latency or speed but it can take up to 15 seconds to conduct a simple google search. Strangely, when connecting other devices over the TP's wifi I don't have this problem.

I would like to know if anyone else has witnessed this anomaly and if there is anything I can do about it.

Many thanks,

Ned.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4230P Poor Wifi response to Android Phone
2015-07-20 10:00:39
Change the SSID of the WiFi to say " Argentina" and see how that goes. I'm guessing there may be a problem with the SSID having non-standard characters?

Another test is to drop the security on the WiFi completely so you can test performance. Once you are done, please put security back onto the WiFi SSID.

I use apps on my phone such as inSSIDer & WiFi Analyser (Android) to check signal quality & health.
Options
Re:TL-WPA4230P Poor Wifi response to Android Phone
2015-07-24 06:19:24
Thank you for your reply. I will give this a proper go tomorrow and see if anything improves.Thank you once again and sorry for my late response! Ned.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 2

Related Articles