Nothing works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Nothing works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Nothing works
Nothing works
2015-07-22 04:16:39
Region : Romania

Model : TL-WN722N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Akta

So, long story short, NOTHING works as it's supposed to. I've spent more than 10 hours trying to get this thing to work.
First of all, after I've got the adaptor and installed the driver/utility I tried to turn on SoftAP. It worked, it got detected on my tablet/phone and I could connect to it but there was no data transmitted (note: the signal bars from my taskbar had a red X on them the whole time). Then I've tried to make and ad-hoc connection. The bars turned red so I thought I figured it out. I couldn't detect nothing on my phone/tablet. I've tried literally every combination of things and tweaks possible. Changed the IP/DNS, tried different software, turned it on/off, restarted, made bridge connections, NOTHING WORKED. I'm extremely annoyed right now and I plan on returning the adapter tomorrow.
Info: Windows 7 64bit
I'm using a PPPoE/Dial Up/WAN/whatever connection (I think this is the problem, some conflicts happen or something)
I really hope someone could help me whit this.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Nothing works
2015-07-22 14:20:51
You have no router and there is a broadband connection established on your PC for internet access?
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-767.html

it got detected on my tablet/phone and I could connect to it but there was no data transmitted (note: the signal bars from my taskbar had a red X on them the whole time).
Remove the network profile and reconnect. Or change SSID and reconnect. Check if there is IP address obtained...
Options
Re:Nothing works
2015-07-22 15:12:22
Well, I finally figured it out. The problem was that my antivirus (which has total control over my firewall) was set to automatic, and it pretty much blocked all SoftAP connections. I set it to intractive and then manually allowed all the connections.
I hope I can save someone'a time with this solution.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 2

Related Articles