No response from TP Link Support Helpine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-23 15:22:18
Region : India

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : Latest Firmware installed

ISP :

I have been trying to get support from the TP Link helpline for the past couple of weeks. Either I am put on hold waiting for an executive to respond until the call automatically gets disconnected because no one is available within a minute or two OR when I call the Missed Call helpline, no one bothers calling back at all. This has been going on for a while now.

At first when I called the missed call helpline, I got a call the next day, however, the executive said he would call back in a couple of hours, but he never did. Post that, I have not heard from TP Link.

I have been facing issues with the range of the WiFi signal that my Archer C7 Version 2 provides at home. Although most of my devices are compatible with 5.0GHz, I can never get the 5.0 GHz signal unless I'm very close to the router. The 2.4 GHz signal is much better than the 5.0 GHz in comparison, but its only available on the ground floor where the router is kept. It does not reach the first floor. This is the same range I got even from my earlier (much much cheaper) 150 Mbps single band router.

The firmware is upgraded to the latest available version as on date, as available on the TP Link website, however, I still face issues with the range of the WiFi signal.

How do I resolve this if I don't get a response from TP Link tech support?
Options
2 Reply
Re:No response from TP Link Support Helpine
2015-07-24 10:48:52
Which number ddi you call?
Compared with 2.4GHz, it is normal that 5GHz Wi-Fi covers a shorter range.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?81227-Poor-5MHZ-Range

You may try different channels for 5GHz like 149, 153, 157.
Options
Re:No response from TP Link Support Helpine
2015-07-25 01:00:08
I've had success contacting support through the website. Never attempted a phone call before.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/support-contact.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 2

Related Articles