Help setting up network in house with multiple circuits.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-27 22:58:59
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

I am attempting to get a wireless network to cover my house using the wireless extender/power line kit. My house is a large old manor house with more than one electrical circuit covering all the rooms. So far I have successfully gotten my network from my router (ground floor) to my kitchen (on the same ground floor electrical circuit) and to a room at the far end of my house (same ground floor electrical circuit). I would like to extend the network upwards to bedrooms at the far end of my house that are on a different electrical circuit, my thinking being I somehow get the WPA4220 wireless extender in the far end room to connect to another WPA4220 and extend the network. However so far I have not been able to get this right, the extender I placed upstairs puts out a wifi network that I can see with devices but not connect to.

Please help.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Help setting up network in house with multiple circuits.
2015-07-28 09:59:22
Powerline extender will broadcast Wi-Fi signal if Wi-Fi function is enabled. But to access internet, you have to ensure that it is paired with the one connected to the main router and they can communicate with each other.
In your case, check status of powerline lights when they are in the same circuit and different circuits. If they go off in different circuits but come back on in the same circuit, it means that they are not suitble for you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 972

Replies: 1