Password answer required for non-techie

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-28 16:53:36
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : don't know

ISP : Virgin

A very simple asnwer required please for a distinctly non-techie oldie.

I have successfully connected an AV200 Powerline Adapter (TL-PA251) to an extender (TL-WPA4220) and linked my tablets to it without any difficulty - these connected without any password queries. I am now trying to connect my smart TV to the arrangement and it is requesting a password, and here I am stumped. I have followed the instructions to find the appropriate password on the extender but the TV will not accept this: I've put it in using upper case, using dashes/not using dashes/ in lower case etc, still no success. I've also tried using the adapter password, going through all of the variables as before, without success. Finally I tried using the router password but still with no luck.

Can someone please explain to me in simple steps what I am doing wrong?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Password answer required for non-techie
2015-07-29 14:23:32
The Wi-Fi password on back of WPA4220 is composed of 8 digits. Is it the one you tried to connect Wi-Fi?
If it doesn't work, maybe you changed its password or you've done Wi-Fi clone? Does the router have Wi-Fi function and have a Wi-Fi password?
Do you have a computer which can be used to install its utility and login the web interface to find out the password?
Options
Re:Password answer required for non-techie
2015-07-30 16:06:37
Thank you. I had been using the wrong password, and needed a magnifying glass to see this one!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 2