TL-PA8030P keeps disconneting and block internet when more than 1 Ethernet cable is connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA8030P keeps disconneting and block internet when more than 1 Ethernet cable is connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-29 01:41:52
Region : Others

Model : H5

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 1200A-2.0.0.367-02_803111_141031

ISP : Telenor

Hi.

I have just purchased a TL-PA8030P Kit (Av1200 3 port gigabit passthrough powerline kit) but I cannot get it to work with two or three Ethernet cables connected.
It works fine when just one is connected. I downloaded TP-Link utility and it says LOCAL is connected togheter with the one computer.
As soon as I connect another ethernet cable to the powerline from the router it immediatly blocks Internet on every device in the home (just get timeouts) and in the Utility program it says LOCAL has disconnected.
I have tried to reset the devices several times and even successfully upgraded the firmware. None of it helped.

Can someone please help me?

Regards
Kenneth Olsen
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA8030P keeps disconneting and block internet when more than 1 Ethernet cable is connected
2015-07-29 14:08:40
As soon as I connect another ethernet cable to the powerline from the router...

Why do you connect the router and PA8030P by two ethernet cables? :confused:
The right topology should be:
Router(one of LAN ports)---(one of LAN ports)PA8030P~~~~PA8030P(LAN ports)----Connect three PCs at most
Options
Re:TL-PA8030P keeps disconneting and block internet when more than 1 Ethernet cable is connected
2015-07-29 16:29:13
Hi! Thank you for your reply. I feel really stupid right now, I just assumed i needed to connect the same amout from the routher as I want to connect on the other end.
Tried to connect several computers from the other outlet now (with just one from router) and it distributes correctly.

Thank you very much for your help :-)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 365

Replies: 2