ddns AND vpn, will ever ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-04 02:39:33
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all, my first post here and i ask for something allready :)
Until now i use a Asus wifi router as my main router, until day ago when that die, so now i go and buy a WDR3600 wich i understand is a high lvl router from Tplink, in both power and stability.
Will see about that, in time.
Now i have this "problem" : the wdr3600 dont have a DDNS account from producer as Asus do, but rely on third party, wich i find bad for me, mostly because DDNS providers become less reliable and sparse by the day pass. Today NOIP ask monthly for a renew (in case of free account) or cease to work....
Same thing with VPN server, wich Asus include on much less powerful machines, wich i use until now very happy.
So long time short, will ever Tplink update his products, and specially wdr3600, with this 2 capabilities ?
Thanks for reading this rant, and be free to complete, the ones who desire the same.
Options
5 Reply
Re:ddns AND vpn, will ever ?
2015-08-05 13:33:12
As to DDNS capability, TP-LINK do have a plan to make its own DDNS server as I know...But not sure when it will come out...
Some of TP-LINK routers can work as VPN servers while WDR3600 or such kind of routers is not one of them.
Options
2015-08-11 03:50:20
"WDR3600 or such kind of routers is not one of them"
What do you mean ? What kind of router is wdr3600 ?
If you (wrongly) mean "cheap" let me stop you on the spot, Asus have almost all, even those half the price of wdr3600 with vpn server, ofc not 1Tb/s troughput but for 1 user can be enough, so, again, what do you mean ?
Options
2015-08-11 14:49:23
As I know, only some TP-LINK VPN routers can work as VPN server. Obviously, WDR3600 is not one of them.
Options
2015-08-12 20:27:13
Thank you, for posting the obvious, all you tell me is useless or obvious, you must be working for goverment.
You need a high count post mate ?
Options
2015-08-16 04:37:59
Im sorry to leave Tplink world, the lack of these features and no support, even as a simple response like "yes we will do that or no, were sorry" part me away.
As is no secret, i sell my 3600 and go back to Asus, 18u model seem far more powerful and with ddns and vpn too, and is very close as price.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 5