Archer C7 unable to login to Web Management, prevents me to update firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-06 00:21:29
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Portugal

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : V1 (labeled on back)

Hi
I just purchased this wifi router and after connecting to my PC and quick setting it with the cd, it began to "work" and it seems very fast....
BUT...when i tried to login via web browser it just don´t connects. Here is what i have tried.

1. I reset the router and rebboted it several times with the back button and tried it after this with no success.
2. On "ipconfig" i confirmed the IP of the router (192.168.0.1) by testing it with "ping 192.168.0.1
3 I even used the command ipconfig /release and then /renew, and eventough the ip number changed (from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1) it never connects either.
4. I tried other browsers (IE, chrome, mozzila and even edge)

5. Tried tplinklogin.net with no success

I really ran out of ideas, guys...
It always give me connection timeout and only once or twice it showed a weird login page and after login in it showed me some empty grey bars/boxes with no text.
Somehow the router works very well at home with all my devices, but i really need to do some port forwarding and without access to the management console it is difficult.

I am pretty sure it is firmware related, which brings me to another question: Is it possible to update the firmware by using Telnet or putty? All the solutions and manuals are using the web management to do the update, what should i do in this case??
I attach some screenshot of the ipconfig on my pc and the weird interface i have when i rarely get into the login page.

Please, can someone help me??

Thanks for your feedback

Options
22 Reply
Re:Archer C7 unable to login to Web Management, prevents me to update firmware
2015-08-06 17:51:49
Only your PC and router(LAN port) are connected by an Ethernet cable? Modem is disconnected and Wi-Fi is disconencted?
Options
2015-08-06 19:38:12
Hi,

I suggest you to reset the router with the back button and to plug it alone to the PC in order to set it manually (without CD) before to connect it to your modem.

Do you have a modem or a ISP Box?
What is the LAN IP address of the modem, and protocol ?
Options
2015-08-06 21:48:52

Tony Seaford wrote

Only your PC and router(LAN port) are connected by an Ethernet cable? Modem is disconnected and Wi-Fi is disconencted?

I have besides the LAN port connected to my computer also WAN (internet-modem) connected. As i said, internet is working and also WI-FI is connected...
What you suggest?

Thanks for your help.
Options
2015-08-06 21:54:34

HiSpeed wrote

Hi,

I suggest you to reset the router with the back button and to plug it alone to the PC in order to set it manually (without CD) before to connect it to your modem.

Do you have a modem or a ISP Box?
What is the LAN IP address of the modem, and protocol ?

Hi
I think i´ve done this in the first place, but i´ll give it a try. So reset and just plug one of the 4 LAN port to my PC and try to connect by inserting 192.168.0.1 in the browser, correct??

I have a modem and the protocol is the IPv4. The modem gives me a non fixed IP every now and then...

Thank you for your kind help
Options
2015-08-07 14:24:35
Disconnect modem from WAN port of C7.
Connect PC to LAN port of C7 and check IP address obtained after you reset the router.
Options
2015-08-07 19:16:09

Tony Seaford wrote

Disconnect modem from WAN port of C7.
Connect PC to LAN port of C7 and check IP address obtained after you reset the router.

OK, Tony. Will try this as soon as possible and i´ll give you more information about it. Hope it works...

Thanks again.
Options
2015-08-08 01:29:07

eggz2004 wrote

OK, Tony. Will try this as soon as possible and i´ll give you more information about it. Hope it works...

Thanks again.

Well, i have done the procedure and still no luck.
In order to understand and visualize the issue i made a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iVJYOuLiC4

Please, can you be so kind and view it?

Thanks, again
Options
2015-08-08 01:43:18
I'm surprised to don't see the 2 wifi leds blinking.
Probably this router is defective...
Options
2015-08-08 01:52:25

HiSpeed wrote

I'm surprised to don't see the 2 wifi leds blinking.
Probably this router is defective...

That´s because on all my testing i might have swithed off the wifi on the back.
The router is fully functional, both wifi leds blinks. Both bands 2.5 and 5.0 works..

Strange isn´t it??
Options
2015-08-08 02:42:06
After hard reset and without wireless off, you should test on another PC with Win7 or XP (friend, family, etc.)...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3708

Replies: 22