Works, but not where I want it to.....But my old AV200 works fine!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-11 15:05:34
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've just bought the TPL 4220-KIT.
The base and one of the wireless plugs are working fine.
The other wireless plug, however, works anywhere except where I want it to work......I have a corner of my lounge with 6 sockets where all my media equipment is. The powerline won't work in any of those sockets. It WILL work in any other socket I've tried it in.....

My old AV200 was connected there, though, and worked fine (and if I plug it in now, it still works fine).

Any ideas?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Works, but not where I want it to.....But my old AV200 works fine!
2015-08-11 19:55:28
Umm...but you have to connect one powerline extender in one of those sockets?
No idea about how to solve it...Normally, it should be wiring issue or something related to it.
Options
Re:Works, but not where I want it to.....But my old AV200 works fine!
2015-08-12 01:29:00
Yes, got 2 devices that don't have wireless (DVR and AV Receiver), so need them cabled to it.

What happens is the device powers up OK, and if I'm directly connected to it and view the "Station Data" page, I can see that the other plugs are marked as "offline", even though they aren't obviously.

If I plug the old AV200 into the same socket, it sees and connects to the other stations just fine....But it only has a single ethernet socket which means I need a separate hub to connect my devices.........and that has to use another power socket........

If I try the new plug in "any other socket" (I've tried it in about 6 so far....) it works fine and sees all of the other stations fine.....

I upgraded the firmware on it. Made no difference.

I've no idea what to do next. Help anyone?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 2

Related Articles