Wifi is slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi is slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi is slow
Wifi is slow
2015-08-19 19:34:53
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

The wifi connection slows down my internet connection significantly I have a TP-Link TL-WR841N and a NBN connection in Australia. My download speed is supposed to be up to 50Mbps. When I connect a laptop directly to my NBN router I get around 45Mbps and similarly if I connect to the router directly. As soon as I connect it to the wifi it drops to 3-5Mbps. I've updated the firmware to the latest version without any luck. I've also made sure no other devices are connect to it via wifi but same issue and i've tried changing the wifi channel but no luck

FW Version 3.16.9 Build 150310 Rel.54318n
Hardware Version WR841N v9 00000000

Any help would be appreciated
Options
5 Reply
Re:Wifi is slow
2015-08-20 16:01:45
Can you test the speed of wired connection from your laptop to LAN port of WR841N like you tested by NBN router?
How about link speed of wireless network connection?
Try channel width 40MHz and ensure the network is secured with WPA2-PSK, AES.

By the way, the router is brand new or it was working OK?
Options
2015-08-21 14:26:29
Router is 1 year old. The wired connection is fine. Around 40-45MBps. It is only the wireless connection. I've used 40MHz with WPA2 and it doesn't make a difference.

Vivian wrote

Can you test the speed of wired connection from your laptop to LAN port of WR841N like you tested by NBN router?
How about link speed of wireless network connection?
Try channel width 40MHz and ensure the network is secured with WPA2-PSK, AES.

By the way, the router is brand new or it was working OK?
Options
2015-08-27 00:43:36
I was just about to upgrade my FW, but seeing your post I have second thoughts...

What are your Wireless settings?
bg or bgn?
showing SSID?

I noticed it behaves funny when disabling sending SSID broadcasts...
Options
2015-08-27 12:34:15
Then you directly call to your Internet setup person may be he resolve your problem as soon as possible... thnku
Options
2015-08-27 22:18:47
BGN and SSID is enabled.

EV4 wrote

I was just about to upgrade my FW, but seeing your post I have second thoughts...

What are your Wireless settings?
bg or bgn?
showing SSID?

I noticed it behaves funny when disabling sending SSID broadcasts...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 583

Replies: 5

Related Articles