TP LINK PA211 HELP! Keeps asking for security key when I try to connect to the internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP LINK PA211 HELP! Keeps asking for security key when I try to connect to the internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-21 06:10:20
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all. hope you can help. I am using the PA211 powerline adapters. I have used them sucessfully in the past, but just tried to reuse after some time. I seem to have paired them sucessfully, because powerline light is on both units, and I can see a good wireless signal showing on the connection on my computer. But when I try to connect to the internet it keeps asking me for the security key. I have tried every possible piece of info/password on the back of my units, and the wireless key on my BT router, but all have failed. How do I find the security key, or can I reset? I am using a PC running Vista.

I no longer have the box, or any software for the TP Link PA211`s. What should I do?

Thank you in advance,
Brigid
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP LINK PA211 HELP! Keeps asking for security key when I try to connect to the internet.
2015-08-21 14:05:26
What's the model number of the wireless powerline extender? TL-WPA281 or TL-WPA4220?
On the back of it, you should be able to find a password which is composed of 8 digits. That's the default Wi-Fi password.
If you tried but not work, run its utility and login its web interface of find it out.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-398.html
Options
Re:TP LINK PA211 HELP! Keeps asking for security key when I try to connect to the internet.
2015-08-21 15:07:39
Thank you for your response M Diamond. The model number of the extender is TL-WPA271. I`ve tried the 8 digit number on the back but it doesn`t work. I`ve connected to the link you sent, and is says I need to run the CD which came with the device, and click on management utility. I don`t have the CD, so can I access the CD software anywhere online? Thanks, Brigid
Options
2015-08-24 10:32:20
Download the utility here and run it on your PC.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WPA281_V1.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1405

Replies: 3

Related Articles