TL-WR1043ND Cannot set up as no internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-21 10:23:52
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Bought this to play music/movies from my computer to my Smart TV. The only internet i have is tethering my mobile phone. So will not set up with the cd as it will not get internet connection. My tv sees my network but will not connect. How can i get it connected?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WR1043ND Cannot set up as no internet.
2015-08-21 16:33:59
You just need data transferred in local network between computer and smart TV, right?
The TV has to connect Wi-Fi of WR1043ND? As you said, it won't connect, any error message?
IP settings on your TV is DHCP?
Options
Re:TL-WR1043ND Cannot set up as no internet.
2015-08-22 20:32:57
Instead of setting it up with the CD, I recommend setting it up via the web interface, plug the router in and connect one of the LAN ports to the Ethernet on your computer after it has detected, open a web browser of your choice and navigate to 192.168.0.1 you should be presented with a login screen or prompt, the default username and password are both admin, the web interface should now load, you can then change the settings of the router without needing an internet connection, such as the WiFi name (SSID) and the WiFi password.

After you have set up the router to your liking you can search for the WiFi SSID you created on your TV and connect using the password you set above.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 2

Related Articles