TL-WPA4220KIT Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA4220KIT Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WPA4220KIT Help
TL-WPA4220KIT Help
2015-08-21 17:04:41
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I purchased a TL-WPA4220KIT yesterday and attempted to set it up yesterday. At first I was attempting to clone my WiFi using the clone button on the powerline and the WPS button on my router. After doing this the powerline adapter was still broadcasting its own network. I assumed this was showing that it never cloned the network, as if it did, it would only broadcast my own network?

I then logged into my router as admin and manually attached the powerline adapter via the WPS settings. The powerline adapter then stopped broadcasting its own network but I wasn't sure how to check exactly what network the adapter is broadcasting?

The reason I purchased it was to amplify my signal in parts of my house that only had a weak signal from my router. After doing the above and think I have connected the adapter to my wifi successfully, it doesn't seem to be amplifying my signal. Does it look like I have done anything wrong?

Cheers

(I had a look through the forum but could not find anything that replicated my issue)
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220KIT Help
2015-08-24 11:02:05
Run the utility for WPA4220 and login its web interface to check if SSID and security settings are the same as your main router.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WPA4220_V1.html#Utility

You can try to change channel of WPA4220 on wireless settings page to see if the signal is improved.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 1

Related Articles