TL-PA4020PKIT can't be seen on router's WiFi LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-24 03:12:21
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is normal or not but I just assumed I could plug these in and they'd just join the existing LAN provided by my router.

My setup:
1x 4020P plugged directly into the router
1x 4020P plugged into my PC
Numerous other devices connected to the router via WiFi.

I cannot ping or connect to my PC from any of these other devices. Am I doing something wrong?

I tried unpairing both devices as the manual mentioned that paired they create a private LAN, so I figured unpaired may let others see the PC, but this resulted in no internet to the PC.

Is what I am trying not possible? I guess it may be possible to join to LANs if I had a decent router, but I'm on a simple PlusNet garbage one.

Thanks in advance,
Gareth
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA4020PKIT can't be seen on router's WiFi LAN
2015-08-24 10:50:31
If you connect the PC to your router directly as other devices, can you ping or access to your PC from any of other devices?
Disable anti-virus software and firewall on your PC. Powerline devices won't stop communication of devices in the same network. Pairing is to create a private powerline network instead of private LAN...
Options
Re:TL-PA4020PKIT can't be seen on router's WiFi LAN
2015-08-24 14:46:14
Hi, thanks for the reply.I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get this to work. Not sure what I did in the end but it worked not long after I posted the message. Really weird.Thanks anyway :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 2

Related Articles