Connecting Samsung S4/6 to TP-4220 kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-27 15:51:24
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just got a TP-4220 and secure connected it (pairing) to the circuits cloning my virgin hub wifi with WPS as per the instructions.
All lights are on as expected on the units - ie all 3 on the one connected to the router and all bar the ethernet one on the repeater.
When I move round the house with my iPad it seems to switch within a few seconds between repeaters and I am getting 90-100mps speeds vs <1mps previously according to wifi sweetspot - good news :-)
However, my Samsung S4 and S6 edge don't seem to recognise the repeaters at all and just stubbonly show poor wifi signal strength even when rebooted right next to the repeater despite the iPad showing full 3 bar strength.
Does anyone have any ideas what settings I need to change in the phones to get them to work?

Cheers
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting Samsung S4/6 to TP-4220 kit
2015-08-28 17:36:58
Forget the Wi-Fi network on your S4 and S6.
Scan for it again and check if it helps.
Login web interface of WPA4220 and fix a different channel as your router's.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-398.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 1