Wake on lan - does it work over TP link poweline adaptors, and general powerline questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wake on lan - does it work over TP link poweline adaptors, and general powerline questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-30 05:19:25
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

At the moment my ADSL router is located at the end of a very long phone extension lead that now has a long cable running from the lead to the routers location, by my P.C, as a result of some work recently carried out.
As a result the line quality has significantly dropped.
However I'm putting up with it for now as I use a feature/function called Wake on lan to remotely turn on my P.C and this doesn't work over wifi.

The question is, will Wake on lan work over a power line adapter? and would it then be possible to connect three devices to a power line adaptor:

Router near the main 'master' phone socket, connected to a power line adaptor

Second powerline adapter ( on the same mains circuit, in another room, on another floor) having three wired Ethernet/RJ45 connections one being to my main p.c

is such a thing possible?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Wake on lan - does it work over TP link poweline adaptors, and general powerline questions
2015-09-04 05:22:02
I use the TL-PA411KIT and wake on LAN works fine over the adaptors. You will need a 3 port adaptor such as the TL-PA4030KIT to connect 3 devices to one adaptor.
Options
Re:Wake on lan - does it work over TP link poweline adaptors, and general powerline questions
2015-09-04 21:29:41
Would somehting like this work?

TP-LINK TL-WPA4230P Kit AV500 Powerline 300 M Wi-Fi Extender/Wi-Fi Booster/Hotspot with AC Pass Through, Multiple Ethernet Ports - Starter Kit/Twin Pack

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-WPA4230P-Powerline-Extender-Multiple/dp/B00K0MJ30G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441372452&sr=8-1&keywords=TP-LINK+TL-WPA4230PKIT

one quick question, why two ports on one adaptor, and three on the other?
Options
2015-09-13 01:39:35
Looks like that wont work then, as im guessing its down to the fact that one homeplug has two ports, and the other has three., maybe it needs two feeds into one plug?????
is there anyone from TP link here, or is customer support here not a priority? ( ie TP link coudnt give a monkeys ) some of the other web forums linked to company's usually get reply's from a company representatives
If they dont care about potential customers, then after sales support must be shockingly awful
Options
2015-09-13 19:33:38
I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do. TL-WPA4230P are the ones if you also want to extend the WiFi signal otherwise TL-PA4030KIT are the ones. Your router only needs to be plugged in one port on the adaptor at the router. Then the 3 ports on the other adaptor should all work in exactly the same way as each other.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1614

Replies: 4