Powerline query

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline query

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline query
Powerline query
2015-08-31 00:07:23
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just replaced, at last, my BT HHs with a TP-Link N600 (TD-W9980)
This has resolved many issues (so far,so good)
Now that I can see 'the wood through the trees' I am left with issues with my Powerline Adaptors TL-PA211KIT
(AV200 Nano)
These are, firmware and power save.
I am using Vista HP 32 bit.

1. firmware version/update. The model is TL-PA211(UK) Ver 3.0, the updates listed are for V1 or V2. So can I
assume that I do not need to update these units firmware?
2. the beta download that 'turns off' the auto-save uses WinCap 4.1.2, do I need to substitute 4.1.3. Also
does the Power Save utility (TP-Link) 'see' both adapters or do I have to plug them in individually (PC
port). Does WinCap have to be started with Windows or is it 'picked up' by the utility?

Thank you.
David
Options
6 Reply
Re:Powerline query
2015-09-01 17:41:57
1. No need to update it.
2. The beta tool is available here. You have to connect your PA211 to the PC one by one and disable power saving.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?3666-how-to-solve-some-powerline-adapters-can%92t-be-waked-up-by-some-network-adapters
Options
2015-09-02 21:55:19
Thank you
I thought as much for both although I wished that the utility would deal with both at the same time.
Being 'ancient of days' the idea of crawling around on the floor/behind chest of drawers and desk twice does not appeal.
I'll use 4.1.3 and assume that it will be ok, I only asked because TP-Link still has the 4.1.2 in the folder and may actually need that version. 'dll hell' and WinSxS springs to mind.
I'll do it when my bones feel up to it:)
David
Options
2015-09-03 21:04:53
All done, it was easier than I thought. I left the cables in situ and moved the plugs.
Let's see if that cuts out the local disconnects.
Cheers
David
Options
2015-09-30 04:09:56
I think I have a 'failing' adapter.
I had a complete disconnect, yellow triangle over network icon in the sys tray. I went to the PL adapter connected to the N600 and the PL LED was 'off' and stayed off.
The N600 icon for that line showed as connected. Eventually I unplugged for a while, plugged back in and it was ok again.
I think perhaps a new 'pair'
Is the PL adapter internally fused or should I go wireless with the loss of speed, I don't like the idea of the PL adapter burning out.
Options
2015-09-30 15:51:32
All light went off or just powerline light?
Is it still under warranty?
Options
2015-10-01 21:08:17
Just the PowerLine and I doubt it's in time (14 July 2013)
I've always had issues but until I replaced the BT HH5 with the N600 I couldn't 'see'.
N600 up time = 36 days, yippee!
Start shopping around I think, but I must look out for the eco' (power save) issues.
I only have a 35Mb line so any ideas, one of them needs pass through.
David
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 6

Related Articles