Re200 extender and IP CAMERA Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-01 07:08:17
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought this Router Extender thinking it would extend my Router to my Ip Camera that is in a deadzone.After I installed the re200 I noticed that only laptop and pcs that I connected were showing as connected to the re200. So then I thought well then how does my Ip camera with wireless n Connect? would that be automatic. or should I use the WPS button on both my camera and re200. How could there be a mistake here.... the rangeextender re200 should work with my ip camera.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Re200 extender and IP CAMERA Connection
2015-09-01 10:40:45
The IP camera is a new one and has not been setup?
Try to contact your Camera's technical support for help.
You have to tell them your extender's SSID and security settings I guess.
Options
2015-09-01 22:01:55

Tony Seaford wrote

The camera was working on my router....though its signal strength was reduced. So I bought the Re200 hoping to increase the signal too it. The camera just appears in Windows Networking once you plug it in. There isn't any setup , that would alow entering ssid and security settings.
Options
Correction
2015-09-01 22:08:51

oldendays wrote

The camera was working on my router....though its signal strength was reduced. So I bought the Re200 hoping to increase the signal too it. The camera just appears in Windows Networking once you plug it in. There isn't any setup , that would alow entering ssid and security settings.
My mistake the camera does have a SETUP Page to add the SSID and Password.I will try that today. sometime.
Options
Issue Fixed
2015-09-01 22:17:43

Tony Seaford wrote

That fixed the problem Tony, the camera device webpage has a place to enter the SSID and password. Now the TPLINK Wireless Statistics page for the Re200 shows my Cameras mac adresss as Connected.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 526

Replies: 4