RE200 Wireless Highspeed mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-01 22:39:52
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

What is my Best option to Select, in the RE200 wireless settings? Highspeed1 or highspeed2 ? or Concurrent range ? I have a Docsis3 router , a few wireless n laptops and a wireless b radio... and then the wireless n ip cameras.
Options
2 Reply
Re:RE200 Wireless Highspeed mode
2015-09-02 13:52:59

High Speed - Allow you with higher connection speed.
Local wireless access in 5GHz only and main router/AP extention in 2.4GHz
Local wireless access in 2.4GHz only and main router/AP extention in 5GHz

What's the band supported by the main router and wireless clients?
If you main router works in 5GHz band and your wireless clients all support 2.4GHz band, you can choose the second one.
Options
2015-09-03 21:32:18

Tony Seaford wrote

[TD="colspan: 2"] [TD="colspan: 2"][/TD]
[/TD]

What's the band supported by the main router and wireless clients?
If you main router works in 5GHz band and your wireless clients all support 2.4GHz band, you can choose the second one.
My router is the Motorala Surfboard sbg6782 and it does have dual band 2.4 or 5ghz. All my Wireless Devices list themselves as WIRELESS n except an older wifi radio that is listed as wireless b. I have never tried changing the router to turn on 5.4ghz because I don't understand the benefit or drawbacks. I do see how to turn it on.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 998

Replies: 2