TL-WN822N V3 crashing my internet when downloading large files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-04 17:08:52
Model : TL-WN822N

Hardware Version : 3.0

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So, as the post title says, the TL-WN822N V 3.0 crashes my internet when I'm downloading large files. Usually this happens when downloading games through steam: it starts downloading normally, but then after a few minutes my internet connection goes down. Reconnecting immediately fixes the connection... but then when I start downloading again, the internet connection will crash again... and again... and again. This is obviously frustrating as hell, as it's almost impossible to download any game from steam.

I assumed it was the router's fault for a while, but I recently moved (to a different country and to a different ISP with a different router) and this has made things only worse... so I'm quite sure the problem lies with the TP-Link adapter.

I have tried limiting the download speed and updating the drivers, didn't help. Any solutions?
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WN822N V3 crashing my internet when downloading large files
2015-09-06 17:07:30
Options
2015-09-07 04:58:09

Vivian wrote

Try chipmaker's driver (Realtek RTL8192CU).
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Downloads=true

That links to a Chinese website??
Options
2015-09-08 14:16:57
Updated. Try the link again.
Options
2016-02-19 03:33:18
I'm having the exact same problem described by the OP but had no luck with that Realtek utility, any other suggestions?

1. Windows didn't seem to think there were any usable drivers in the Realtek folder unless I'm missing something.

2. Installing the application didn't help, unless I'm missing something else.

3. In device manager, the TL-WN822N V3 says it draws 500ma of power so, I've moved it onto it's own USB hub so there shouldn't be any power issues.

Help :(
[COLOR=#333333]
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1056

Replies: 4