Powerline set-up problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-04 23:26:58
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Having previously had a AV200 powerlline on basic router, which worked fine, I upgraded to a ASUS AC56U this week. This was installed okay and my next move was to add a new AV500 kit. Sadly I was not able to clone the extender as per TP LInk's instructions to 'extend' my Home Network, but did manage to set up a new wireless network, though this isn't my preferred option. I have tried to do the cloning again after 'Reset', including via the set-up CD, without success, as well as going into the Utilities interface and trying to enter things maually and have occasionally found find that when I plug the cable from theTP adaptor in the router, I immediately lose my internet from my PC.Remove it and all is well.
I feel there's something causing an issue in my Router settings but since I am not very familiar with the new set-up, I'm not sure where to start.
My questions are:
Any thoughts on why I lose my internet connection as above?
Are there any techniques for using the Cloning button that I may be missing? The instruction book says (quote) : 'Blink every second after pressing Close Button. Blink quickly within 1 minute when Clone is complete.' The router instruction says 'hold WPS button (on Link) for 3 minutes'. Is that really a minimum? Should I assume once extender blinks quickly (in theory) cloning is done?
Is there a foolproof cloning technique?!
Do any particular router settings need looking at?

Sorry for long list - any help would be much appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline set-up problems
2015-09-07 15:37:43
How about status of powerline light on all powerline devices? You may have to pair them first.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-258.html

To change wireless settings of WPA4220, refer to the guide below.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-398.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 1

Related Articles