TL-WR8740N Dropping Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-09 19:43:36
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I recently purchased 2 TL-WR840N routers in order to connect some items to my desktop PC.

I plugged the first into my PC and set it up (call it Main_Router). Everything working fine. My XBox can connect to my PC & stream videos without any problems. I setup the second as a bridge to the first (call it Bridge_Router). This router is physically plugged into a TV, and connects to my PC - so I can stream videos to the TV.

The problem I have is that the Bridge_Router disconnects after 30 minutes or so - while the XBox continues to stream. I have switched the routers around and it made no difference. I have also tried to upgrade the firmware to 141120, but that caused issues with my XBox streaming, so I "reverted" back to a previous firmware. If I physically plug a PC into the Bridge_Router, the same thing happens where the streaming stops after 30 mins or so. Additionally, it has nothing to do with the actual streaming, as the router disconnects even if it's just idle (TV switched on and browsing the PC media folders).

Has anyone else had this problem, or has any ideas of what I can try, as this is obviously a problem with the bridging of this router?

Regards
Dave
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WR8740N Dropping Issue
2015-09-10 14:15:37
Did you change channel on the main router and reconfigure the second router?
Try to use the bridge router as the main router and test if it also disconnects.

By the way, model number in the title is wrong.
Options
2015-09-10 15:11:07
Tested with several different channels - no difference. Swapped the two routers around - no difference. Tested with & without DHCP on bridge - no difference. What I have found though is that if I "push" the streaming from the PC to the TV, then no disconnect happens.
Options
2015-09-10 16:20:16
Would you please draw a topology image?
I feel puzzled for what you describe.
A clear and detailed information helps other to solve your problem.
Options
2015-09-11 14:34:13
Simple diagram uploaded.

Win 10 PC is running Kodi Media Server.
The XBox connects wirelessly to the Main_Router, browses the media, and plays/streams with no problems.
The Bridge_Router, plugged directly into an LFD TV via ethernet port, connects wirelessly to the Main_Router, can browse the media and play/stream for +- 30 minutes - then stops.
With Kodi, if I "play using" my LFD ("push" the media from the PC), then it plays fine without stopping.

Make sense?

When I plug the TV directly into the Main_Router, it works perfectly without stopping. So, I am just trying to figure out if maybe there are specific settings required on the router/s for the bridging to work correctly for media streaming. It's either that, or I must just go buy a 30m ethernet cable & run it from the TV to the Main_Router ...
File:
IMG_20150911_0001.pdfDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 4

Related Articles