Parental Controls not working Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-11 11:53:46
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firmware Version:4.0.0 Build 20150811 Rel. 57338
Hardware Version:ArcherC9 v1.0

Archer C9 ac1900, after updating the firmware version to 20150811, Parental Controls no longer works. The UI displays have changed in this firmware version.
Parental Control Status is on. Selected a device and selected hours for internet access from days/hour table. The Internet never gets restricted on the device. Followed instructions from the User Guide available on the support site REV1.2.0 1910011420 Date of issue:2015/08/21.

Please advise, thanks. [FONT=arial narrow]

[/FONT]
Options
21 Reply
Re:Parental Controls not working Archer C9
2015-09-11 14:17:22
There is a new beta version now avaialble. You can give it a shot although the main fix in the beta is the bug in address reservations.
Options
2015-09-11 15:06:28
After firmware upgrade, did you reconfigure time settings?
Provide screenshot of your configuration pls.
Options
2015-09-12 01:25:21

kamabazi wrote

There is a new beta version now avaialble. You can give it a shot although the main fix in the beta is the bug in address reservations.

I did try the new beta version, still didn't work. I then reverted back to previous firmware.
Options
2015-09-12 01:35:01

Tony Seaford wrote

After firmware upgrade, did you reconfigure time settings?
Provide screenshot of your configuration pls.

After firmware upgrade, I reset factory defaults (as instructions indicate) and reset confugurations including the time. I also tried from Tether Andriod app (ver2.4.5), doesn't work. One thing that does work is Access Contol from both the firmware and Android app. As sson as I get a chance, I will provide screen shots of setup. Has anybody else got it working on the same firmware?
Options
Same issue with parental controls
2015-09-29 11:44:54
I haven't been able to get the parental controls working on my C9 either.
4.0.0 Build 20150811 Rel. 57338
ArcherC9 v1.0

(names and partial MAC addresses blanked out for privacy)
The only way I have found to block access for the devices in question is to use the Access Control under Security and manually add them to the Blacklist.
Options
2015-09-30 10:19:41
I went back to Build 150507. I'm using Access Control, which has been working for me. I'm able to block internet access through scheduled times for my children's devices. I entered my devices under Host, entered block access times under Schedule and then setup the Rule where I select my Host and Schedule. Hope this helps.
Options
2015-09-30 10:49:12
You want to block devices in the list to access none of websites during a period of time, right?
If so, to use parental control rule, in Restriction policy, try to add a invalid url like http://1234567.com in whitelist.
Access control works indeed.
Options
Just time restrictions
2015-09-30 11:39:39

Tony Seaford wrote

You want to block devices in the list to access none of websites during internet access time?
If so, Restriction policy should be whitelist but no keyword added.
If not, explain what you are trying to fulfill in details.

I want to restrict network access to normal waking hours, so I don't have to worry about kids who should be sleeping instead of surfing the web at all hours of the night. I have other restrictions on their web/app access so I don't worry about putting specific sites in white/blacklists.
Options
Thanks
2015-09-30 11:41:21

Jaxson wrote

I went back to Build 150507. I'm using Access Control, which has been working for me. I'm able to block internet access through scheduled times for my children's devices. I entered my devices under Host, entered block access times under Schedule and then setup the Rule where I select my Host and Schedule. Hope this helps.

I'll give loading the older firmware a try.
Options
2015-10-20 11:29:40
Have you had any additional success? I have tried testing this scenario and it doesn't block specific devices when I have scheduled them to be blocked (tested with my iPhone's wifi access) :(

minidriver wrote

I want to restrict network access to normal waking hours, so I don't have to worry about kids who should be sleeping instead of surfing the web at all hours of the night. I have other restrictions on their web/app access so I don't worry about putting specific sites in white/blacklists.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9901

Replies: 21

Related Articles