archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-19 20:01:53
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.3 Build 150427 Rel.36706n

ISP :

It was working fine as a router/AP for a few months. Last week I tried to run iTunes with 2 airplay speakers over it at the same time at a party. After a few minutes the internet/Wi-Fi connection would drop and the AP would not reconnect any clients. I rebooted it and tried again with the same results. I stopped using dual speaker Airplay and it was fine for the last week, but today it just crashed with no Airplay at all. I had to reboot to get it to work again.

Any ideas? or is this a warranty return? purchased at the beginning of summer.
Options
50 Reply
Re:archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix
2015-09-21 11:37:16
C7 is working as a router or it is configured as an access point with DHCP disabled?
Can you provide a topology pls?
Options
2015-09-22 14:37:31
It is configured as a router with WAN set to Dynamic IP and DHCP enabled for LAN and Wireless clients and DNS servers set manually. There is also a secondary Netgear WNR35000 wifi router attached as a LAN client which will accept wifi connections but shows no access to internet when the main TPLink router fails.
Options
2015-09-23 09:47:28
Any other devices are connected to C7 directly and access internet?
When the router stops working, can you login its web interface? How about status of all lights like system light on its front panel?
How many clients including those connected to it via netgear router are connected at the same time?
Options
2015-09-23 17:38:37

Tony Seaford wrote

Any other devices are connected to C7 directly and access internet?
When the router stops working, can you login its web interface? How about status of all lights like system light on its front panel?
How many clients including those connected to it via netgear router are connected at the same time?

I can't access the web interface when it stops working, no response when I ping the router ip addr. There were some front panel system lights on, but none were flashing. I'll take a pic the next time it happens.

Along with the secondary router, I have an Obihai device that is directly connected to the C7 and connects as a Google Voice client for my phone.

Otherwise, we have 12 total devices in the house that could possibly connect via WiFI
Options
2015-09-25 08:33:12
Having this exact same issue. It's either a default setting that's off that I can't find or the actual firmware. I originally had this problem with a C5 but they warranty replaced it with a C7. Still restarting every couple of days when it freezes and can't get into the admin tools even through a hard wired connection. Terribly frustrating
Options
2015-09-25 09:58:07
System light is solid on all the time if you don't restart the router?
How often does it happen? You won't power off the router even when you don't need internet access?
Options
2015-09-25 19:19:17

Tony Seaford wrote

System light is solid on all the time if you don't restart the router?
How often does it happen? You won't power off the router even when you don't need internet access?

Yes. Every 2 days roughly. The internet is pretty much used 24/7 by the five people in the house but even if it wasn't I shouldn't have to do that.
Options
2015-09-26 02:23:02
I'm currently having this exact same problem, but only on the 2.4Ghz band. The 5Ghz band is just fine.

Every day or two the 2.4Ghz band will completely stop working. I can still see it on my devices, but they are completely unable to connect, not even with a limited connection. The only solution seems to be a router reboot. Luckily I can log in to the router config page through my phone on the 5Ghz band. If that wasn't the case this would really be a catastrophic issue.
Options
2015-09-26 08:46:46
I have this same issue as well on an archer C5 v2, only it happens on iPhones and Nintendo Wiis using the 2.4ghz wifi. I have to restart the wifi router several times a day. If it's not restarted the 2.4ghz band will eventually stop working entirely.
Options
2015-09-26 16:01:06
Funny enough, it died exactly as I was reading this post. When it crashes, the router does not respond to pings by LAN connection. Here are the status of the lights:
- power: On
- system: On (NOT flashing)
- Wifi: 2.4G flashing
- LAN: flashing
- WAN: ON

And yes, I leave it on all the time,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8245

Replies: 50