Archer C9 not connecting to TL-SG2109WEB Smart Switch in 1000mFD mode via CAT5e cable.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 not connecting to TL-SG2109WEB Smart Switch in 1000mFD mode via CAT5e cable.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-22 10:50:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear all,

My first post in this forum. Please help.

Purchased an Archer C9 Wifi Router recently and set up is complete with the ISP.
All Wifi clients working.
When I try to connect the Router to the Web Smart Switch (TP-Link) which has 8 Gigabit ports, it connects only in Half duplex.
I checked the configuration of the switch and the port config for all eight is set as 1000mFD. By the way, my cables are all Patch cables and not cross cables.

Any idea why the C9 is connecting only in half duplex when both the ports are gigabit?

thank you
Regards
Ravi K
India
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C9 not connecting to TL-SG2109WEB Smart Switch in 1000mFD mode via CAT5e cable.
2015-09-23 09:24:22
C9(LAN)----(LAN)Switch(LAN)---(LAN)PC
Did you check propertities of network card on your PC?
What's the Value of Speed&Duplex? Try Auto Negotiation.
Options
Re:Archer C9 not connecting to TL-SG2109WEB Smart Switch in 1000mFD mode via CAT5e cable.
2015-09-24 10:41:59

Vivian wrote

C9(LAN)----(LAN)Switch(LAN)---(LAN)PC
Did you check propertities of network card on your PC?
What's the Value of Speed&Duplex? Try Auto Negotiation.

Thanks Vivian.

Yes I did check. My PC (is gigabit LAN Card) connects to the Switch in Gigabit mode as indicated by the switch.

But the C9 Router connects to the Switch in normal 100mbps mode even though it has a Gigabit LAN port.

Checked all settings on the PC as well as the Switch . Both are Gigabit. Not sure what else needs to be checked / configured ?
Options
2015-09-24 16:47:49
Is it possible for your to connect PC directly to C9, how about the speed?
Are there any other PCs with gigibit port for you to test?

What's the current firwmare version of your C9?
Is there System Parameter under System Tools?
Options
2015-09-28 10:42:49

Vivian wrote

Is it possible for your to connect PC directly to C9, how about the speed?
Are there any other PCs with gigibit port for you to test?

What's the current firwmare version of your C9?
Is there System Parameter under System Tools?

As mentioned by you , I checked the System Parameters options in the System Tools page. There is a parameter by name Duplex and I have set it to Auto. Saved, re-boot the C9, and it connects to the switch now in Gigabit mode. My other PCs on the switch now show up as 1Gbps connection.

thank you for your help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 620

Replies: 4

Related Articles