How to ethernet isolate an AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-22 23:45:32
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear all,
I have a problem which I can't solve with my limited knowledge of the power line system.
Here is my configuration

I have a router connected to a Powerline 1, then a bunch of other devices connected to Powerline 2 through an ethernet switch.
Then I have a wireless capable Powerline 3, a WPA4220, which I want to use as an access point with a different SSID than my "main" wifi network, intended for guests, who have a room far away from my main router.
I have enabled Wireless AP isolation on Powerline 3 but when I connect via wireless through it, all the devices connected via ethernet to Powerline 2 are still visible from the wpa4220 clients and I don't want that. Basically I don't want the devices connected through the wireless network generated by Powerline 3 to be able to see any other device in the network, wireless or ethernet connected.
A solution would be to have Powerline 3, the WPA4220, to be able to connect to Powerline 1 but not to Powerline 2, if that is possible, or to have a complete, ethernet AND wireless isolation of Powerline 3.

Is that possible?

Thank you!
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to ethernet isolate an AP
2015-09-23 15:19:38
Cannot be fufilled by powerline devices as all those clients are still connecting to the same DHCP server(router) to access internet.
Your clients themselves have the ability to do that via anti-virus software or firewall settings?
Options
Re:How to ethernet isolate an AP
2015-09-24 12:11:59

Mavis wrote

Your clients themselves have the ability to do that via anti-virus software or firewall settings?
Nope, not to this level of fine distinctionsl between one set of clients and another set....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 721

Replies: 2

Related Articles