Voip Not Connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Voip Not Connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Voip Not Connecting
Voip Not Connecting
2015-09-24 19:35:11
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I live in Egypt and have the following set up:

TPLink 3G/4G Wireless router TL MR3420
Connects to 3g network via huawei usb dongle plugged directly into router
PC connects via ethernet to router
Voip Snom 300 IP phone connects via ethernet to router.

Problem: since Saturday the 3g/2g network on Etisalat has been very hit and miss and we had no or little service for most of the weekend and beginning of this week. The internet is now working, desktop viber, skype, emails etc are all working. However, since the weekend my Voip phone will not register.

I have spoken to voip support they have gone through lots of things and can't get it to register. They are receiving a request for registration but it appears to be timing out or not sending in the other direction. Weirdly I could dial out from the phone for a bit yesterday as it was saying on control panel and at voipfone it was registered but on the phone itself it says not registered, but when I dial to the phone I just get ring tone but doesn't ring on the phone itself. However, today it is not connecting at all still showing not registered. I have changed the ethernet cable, no change.
I spoke to Etisalat and they say the network service (3G) is fine (they never admit it's a problem but everyone in Sharm El Sheikh is having issues with internet at the moment). They say they have not blocked voip but because I do not have an Etisalat router/dongle they cannot test it which I find a bit stupid. She wanted to check the speed and said can't do that as device not supported so I did that on Google while she was on the phone but to be honest I don't really think she has a clue what she's on about. The upload/download/ping speeds, according to Voipfone are fine.
So my only other thinking is that it could be the router or something has changed as up until Friday everything was working perfectly. ANything to do with the NAT or firewall? I don't know how to fix this or check as I'm no expert so this is my last hope!!!

Any clues as I have had no phones for 4 days and this is my business.

thanks in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Voip Not Connecting
2015-09-25 17:37:56
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support-contact.html

Let the support help you with the voip settings. They are familiar with voip applications.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 1