Can't obtain IP address via Powerlink AV500 extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-29 21:59:18
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a Technicolor Router with a WPS button (it was installed by a third party and I have no access tot he settings).

I have the TL-WPA4220 kit installed.

Everything was working fine but having been away for two months come back and cannot connect wirelessly via the extender. I reset the extender to factory settings and re-paired it with the Powerline adapter. I also cloned the SSID and password from my router using the WPS button and Clone button. I then managed to connect, but then the next morning I kept getting the same problem.

All of my devices can connect to the internet via wireless connection through the Technicolor Router. But when trying to connect via the extender they all give the message "Failed to Obtain IP address". I have checked using the TP Link utility that the SSID ID and passwords have been cloned across to the extender and they have.

I am at a loss as to know what to do next.
:confused:
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't obtain IP address via Powerlink AV500 extender
2015-09-30 15:27:21
How about status of powerline light on each adapters?
If it is on but cannot obtain IP address, you may try static IP on wireless clients.
By the way, wired connection to WPA4220 works or not at that time?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4013

Replies: 1