TL-PA8010P connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-29 23:40:19
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I have a couple of TL-PA8010P powerline adapters, and they keep disconnecting. After about 2-3 hours of use, the middle light on the adapters will start flashing green and I lose connection. The only way to get them to reconnect is to leave them unplugged for about 10 mins then
plug them back in again.

when they are connected, all the lights are green and the utility says I have a connection speed of 503Mbs.

The issue seems to get worse if I stream HD video content.

I have no other Homeplugs on the network

regards
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA8010P connection issues
2015-09-30 16:11:58
After about 2-3 hours of use, the middle light on the adapters will start flashing green and I lose connection.
How about status of local area connection at that time? Connected but no IP address? Or unidentified network?
The utility will be able to detect the adapter connected to the main router or not?
Options
Re:TL-PA8010P connection issues
2015-09-30 18:22:02
Hi

what I first see is that I just lose internet, IP address is valid, and router is ok (wireless still works). When I look at the Power adapters both of them are showing the middle light flashing green.
If I check the Powerline utility it only shows the local device, not the remote one.
If I unplug them both and plug them in next to each other straight away, they both still keep flashing green on the middle light.
The only way to reconnect them is to leave them off for about 10 mins and plug them back in. They will then reconnect straight away and everything works fine for about 2-3 hours, then the same process starts all over again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1054

Replies: 2

Related Articles