Can't SSH into my Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-05 00:26:57
When I try to SSH into my Archer C9 I get the following message:
[CODE]PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
shell request failed on channel 0[/CODE]
Note that this happens every time I try to SSH with the correct username and password, but when I try to SSH into my router with wrong credentials I get a message telling me the permission is denied.

Can someone please help me solve this and SSH into my router?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't SSH into my Archer C9
2015-10-08 16:11:38
Actually, we cannot SSH into the router. The firmware can support SSH because of Tether 2.0 which is an APP used to manage and configure routers. To guarantee the safety of the communication process, SSH is used to encrypt the data. But for security consideration, related SSH tunnels and commands are blocked.
Options
2016-08-19 22:43:22
I'm trying to login to edit the dnsmasq.config. Telnet connection is refused and SSH connection comes back 'Server refused to allocate pty'

So how can I edit this file?
Options
2016-08-19 23:32:25
Doesn't matter now. Changed the DNS to OpenDNS as primary and Google as secondary and my issues with Plex/DNS binding disappeared......
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5659

Replies: 3

Related Articles