Buying advice - understanding the product

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-06 05:08:10
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I'm just trying to get my head around what I need so was hoping someone can help. I've sketched my system and what I think I need but have some questions.

1. If I have one TP link with a single port in the office and another with 3 ports in the lounge, do i need a 2 port from the router?
2. With this setup I know that I'd get internet to each machine, but would say the lounge/office be able to talk to eachother? ie if I wanted to stream my Xbox one to my PC?

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Buying advice - understanding the product
2015-10-09 17:12:31
Are you talking about powerline devices?
1. If I have one TP link with a single port in the office and another with 3 ports in the lounge, do i need a 2 port from the router?
It should be okay to connect TP link with a single port to LAN port of your router,
2. With this setup I know that I'd get internet to each machine, but would say the lounge/office be able to talk to eachother? ie if I wanted to stream my Xbox one to my PC?
PC or Xbox are still connecting to the same network and they should be able to talk to each other.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 1