TL-MR3020 3/4G internet access issues - network settings?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-09 16:56:41
Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : 1

Firmware Version : 3.17.2

ISP : BT and 3 both tried

I'm trying to set up a TL-MR3020 with a 4G USB modem.

The modem is identified, connects, but I can't then access the internet on a connected PC.
In Time Settings I can get it to connect to a time server to set the time.
In Diagnostic mode I can ping and traceroute to websites.

I can connect to the router via wifi or cat5 cable, access the router configuration, but not the internet. Cannot connect to a website, ping an external IP address.

The DHCP server settings have the default gateway set to the router, and I've tried a variety of DNS server settings. I've also tried a sim from a different ISP, and a different 3G usb modem with the same results.

I have the feeling I must have overlooked something blindingly simple.....
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-MR3020 3/4G internet access issues - network settings?
2015-10-10 14:39:10
Did you try to plug the USB modem directly to your PC and check if internet works?
On router page, WAN IP address, default gateway, DNS are obtained automatically, right?
You tried primary DNS 8.8.8.8 and secondary DNS 8.8.4.4 but won't help?
Did you try on different PCs? Can you ping webpage successfully on your PCs?
Options
Re:TL-MR3020 3/4G internet access issues - network settings?
2015-10-12 17:30:07
Hi

Thanks for the help, I tried a different PC as suggested, and all working fine :)

Got it working finally on the laptop I had been doing the setup on - the laptop wirless network adaptor had DNS server settings assigned to it in it's TCP/IPv4 properties, no wonder I couldn't get it to see anything beyond the router...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2663

Replies: 2