Need help with 'cloning' wifi network with TL-WPA4226KIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-10 21:27:17
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there!

I recently bought the AV500 Powerline WiFi kit (TL-WPA4226KIT) from TP-Link. I got everything set up pretty quickly. I placed the first plug (which is the one with the extra power socket) next to my router and the second one upstairs in the attic, which is also my bedroom. Everything works just fine except for one thing; I can't seem to get the WiFi cloning to work. Now I have two separate Wifi-networks. One is my own and the second is TP-Link's ("TP-Link_2C569C", which also requires a separate password which I found on a card inside the box). For my laptop, this doesn't really matter, because I use it mainly in my bedroom. But switching WiFi networks on my phone is getting really annoying.

I'm a bit of a noob, so correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm guessing this WiFi cloning option means that the plug I have upstairs will transmit from the same WiFi network as my router? Because now it's a separate TP-Link network. Whenever I go upstairs I have to switch to the TP-Link network on my devices for the best reception, and whenever I go downstairs I have to switch back to my own network. I currently have my laptop hooked up to the powerline plug upstairs, so now I'm connected to my own network. But I want the WiFi to also be my own network and not a separate TP LINK one. Is there a way to do this? And if so, could you please help me get through it step by step. I'm Dutch, so I'm not THAT great with English. I tried using the manual but it didn't really work for me. If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful!
Thank you in advance.

Not sure if it helps but I added a pic of the set I bought, considering there are so many different variations out there!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Need help with 'cloning' wifi network with TL-WPA4226KIT
2015-10-12 14:55:49
You can log in web interface of the powerline extender and change wireless settings manually to be the same as your main router's.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-398.html
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-593.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 609

Replies: 1