TL-WR740N cannot connect through wired connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-11 18:02:15
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all,
I just bought a TL-WR740N. As the title stated, it can't connect through wired connection. The connection is limited. The Wi-Fi is okay and I don't have any problem actually but if someday I have to use wired connection then it will be a problem. It is shown as an unidentified network. The software from the installation said that i need to enable the router dhcp's server but i don't think it is disabled.

Firmware Version: 3.17.0 Build 150105 Rel.61576n
Hardware Version: WR740N v4 00000000

Hope somebody could help me.
Thank you
Cheers
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WR740N cannot connect through wired connection
2015-10-12 09:24:35
It might be a computer issue or cable issue. Did you try different cable or PCs to connect LAN port of WR740N?
DHCP is enabled on your PCs, right? If you configure a static IP, can you log in web interface of WR740 and access internet as well?
Options
Re:TL-WR740N cannot connect through wired connection
2015-10-12 10:54:16

Vivian wrote

It might be a computer issue or cable issue. Did you try different cable or PCs to connect LAN port of WR740N?
DHCP is enabled on your PCs, right? If you configure a static IP, can you log in web interface of WR740 and access internet as well?

nope not really both of the issue I think. I used different cable but still it is not working and I don' think the LAN card is defect while I used the card on various occasion before.
But I might as well look into another PC. I will post the result after I'm able to do it. yeah and of course DHCP is enabled. Yes, I'm able to login to WR740 web interface and access internet on WiFi not on cable.
Thank you for your concern

Edit: It turns out that the laptop that I'm using is somehow doesn't work with this router. I have tried with another laptop and surprisingly it is working. So well what can I say is that problems solved. Thank you once again guys
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 785

Replies: 2

Related Articles