Powerline won't work any more

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-11 23:27:48
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I bought a tp link powerline AV500 around a year ago. I use it to boost the wifi connection from downstairs (where the router is) to upstairs so that I can get wifi on my laptop/ phone. It's been working really well up until I tried to use it in a different building a few weeks ago. Now I cannot get it to work at all.

I took both parts of the Powerline adapter to another building and tried to connect them to that network. I actually couldn't get it to work on the other network but put that down to not remembering how to pair the 2 parts properly as I didn't have any instructions with me and it had been almost a year since I first set things up. I took the 2 parts back home, plugged them back in (connecting everything up as it was) and now things did not wor - there was no boosted signal upstairs. I figured that maybe the 2 parts needed pairing again, however I have tried this so many times over the last few weeks and to no avail. I've tried resetting (using the small pin hole reset) and pairing afterwords and things dont seem to work. Now, instead of the wifi connection being boosted upstairs, I get a new network appearing which starts with TPLINK. When I try and connect to this it asks me for a password which I am not aware of.

All in all it seems strange to me and I can't work out how to fix the situation. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Jack
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline won't work any more
2015-10-12 15:25:23
The default Wi-Fi of powerline extender is called TP-LINK... Did you try the 8-digit password printed on the bottom of device itself?
If powerline lights are on on both units, it means that they have been paired.
To change wireless settings, you may follow the guide here.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-398.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 464

Replies: 1

Related Articles