TL-4220 Devices unable to authenticate over WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-23 08:44:35
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have been running with a TL-PA4010 and TL-WPA4220 quite happily for several months, with a TL-WPA-4010 connected to a TP-LInk TD-W8960N ADSL Router.
I just purchased a second TL-4220 and have spend many hours trying to get it working fully with no success.

The new TL-WPA4220 seems to be working OK with a wired connection and it is broadcasting a solid WiFi signal, but no devices can get WiFi authentication.
Both of the TL-WPA4220s have identical settings, apart from different manually set IP addresses.
From my PC, I can reach and manage both TL-WPA4220s from my laptop through the wired network.

I have tried using the same SSID as the Router and different SSIDs for the Router and two TL-WPA4220s
I have tried putting all three on the same channel (with same SSIDs) and on separate channels (with the same as well as different SSIDs).

The outcome is the same - a good WiFi signal, but nothing can connect.

How can I tell if the new TL-WPA4220 is faulty, or if there is a problem elsewhere on the network?
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-4220 Devices unable to authenticate over WiFi
2015-10-23 15:50:14
Wi-Fi is connected but no internet access?
What's the IP address, default gateway etc. obtained?
If you configure static IP, does it work?
Options
Re:TL-4220 Devices unable to authenticate over WiFi
2015-10-23 23:22:56

M Diamond wrote

Wi-Fi is connected but no internet access?
What's the IP address, default gateway etc. obtained?
If you configure static IP, does it work?

As already mentioned, there is a strong WiFi signal but no devices are being authenticated on the WiFi network.
As already mentioned, I have set a static IP address (within the range covered by the ADSL Router) and all settings are identical to another WPA4220 that is working fine (apart from the IP address).
The WPA4220 does not have a Gateway setting, only the IP address and Subnet Mask (255.255.255.0).
Options
Problem Solved - Human Error !
2015-10-23 23:38:25
Sorry folks.

I was sure that I had set the PSK Password, but I hadn't.

Can't believe that looked at this so many times and did not notice!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 715

Replies: 3