Blonde Question. Modem/Router over Powerlink

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-08 01:30:45
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi. I know this is a simple question, but I just need a straightforward answer please.

I have Satellite Internet with a separate Modem and Router. I need to have the router situated away from the modem . I cannot connect them by Ethernet cable between the rooms.

Can I use Powerline to do this? I mean, plug the modem into the Powerline by Ethernet cable and then in another room have the connection from a powerline socket to the Router ( again by ethernet cable) from which I can then have my wireless network? Will this affect the default IP of either the router or modem?

Hope someone can help with this request. Thanks, Sarah.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Blonde Question. Modem/Router over Powerlink
2015-11-24 15:30:14
Of course powerline adapter can be applied in such situation.
Options
Not really a helpful response.
2015-11-26 06:15:23

Alan12 wrote

Of course powerline adapter can be applied in such situation.

Thank you Alan, but why "of course"? I have never used these adaptors before and would appreciate a little more information rather than just a sarcastic "Of course".:mad:
Options
Re:Blonde Question. Modem/Router over Powerlink
2016-01-29 18:47:58
It will not affect the internal ip of the modem or the lan ip of the router. By this, I mean, if you need to access either device, those ip addresses will not be changed.
I do not know exactly what ISP (internet service provider) or particular modem and router you use, but powerline can be used in this situation.

Powerline adapters work in the place of running ethernet/cat5 cable. They are meant as pass throughs. As long as you are staying on the same circuit breaker, you should not have any trouble.

If you are looking for more than "of course," it would be helpful to know what "more information" you seek.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 3

Related Articles