TL-WPA4220 - turning off power saving

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-10 06:38:27
Hi

Since TP-Link's tech support apparently can't read, I'll post here.
Do any of you have working SetStandbyMode.exe and especially essential for it PLCOperApi.dll? The one tech guy from TP-Link sent me is invalid, and despite describing him the problem and including screenshots of the error message, he told me the exe file is incompatible with W10 (I checked also on W7 x86/x64, and Ubuntu 15.04 x86 - same error), and told me to return the adapter to shop.

Normally I'd try to find and install custom firmware from dd-wrt and wouldn't worry with that stock crap TP-Link calls "firmware", but the site in question is down.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 - turning off power saving
2015-11-23 17:18:33
Can't this turn off power saving function?
http://www.tplink.com/en/download/TL-PA4010.html#Utility
Options
Re:TL-WPA4220 - turning off power saving
2016-02-06 03:07:32

Alan12 wrote

Can't this turn off power saving function?
http://www.tplink.com/en/download/TL-PA4010.html#Utility

Sorry for answering this late.

No, SwitchPowerSaveTool is similarly useless. I get the same error.
It's a thing in the past now. I've just drilled through 2 floors, laid cables, mounted sockets, and set up wired network with wireless access points in strategic rooms. None of devices I bought are TP-Link's, and I'll do my best to dissuade people from buying anything from that manufacturer. Good thing I work in computer parts shop - I'll have more opportunities to tell people how horrendously incompetent TP-Link support is.

Thread can be closed.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1042

Replies: 2

Related Articles