AV1200 TL-PA8030P KIT random disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-20 00:11:18
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased the AV1200 TL-PA8030P KIT with two powerline adapters (UK version). I am using them in conjunction with the three AV500 adapters in the TL-WPA4220T KIT. I am experiencing a problem which seems to be reported in other threads in this forum, i.e. the connection through the AV1200 adapters will randomly drop for a second or two before automatically reconnecting. I have the latest firmware on the AV1200 adapters (1200A-2.0.0.375-03_803111_150209),I have all five adapters on the same paired network, with the relevant device passwords entered in the PowerLine utility app. In the network section of the app it reports network speeds between 250 Mbps and 350 Mbps to the AV500 devices, and around 450 Mbps to the AV1200 device.

When the disconnect happens, the PowerLine utility app shows a message about the local device not being connected. I've tried using each of the three network ports on the device, and swapping the AV1200 devices around, and using different power outlets, but the random dropouts seems to keep reoccurring. The dropouts seem to be unaffected by network traffic, e.g. I can be in the middle of a Skype call, or streaming from my Xbox One to my Windows 10 PC, and all connectivity will drop for a second or two. All lights on the devices are green.

Based on comments in the forums here I also tried using the utility to turn off the power save mode, in case this was causing the problem. However the utility does not seem to recognise the AV1200 devices (it can detect the AV500 devices no problem).

Any chance of a version of the utility to disable power save mode which would work with these devices, or a firmware upgrade to resolve the issue properly please?

Any other suggestions?
Options
19 Reply
Re:AV1200 TL-PA8030P KIT random disconnections
2015-11-20 17:10:49
I'd be interested in this too.

Might solve my disconnects as well?
Options
2015-11-20 22:38:28
It´s not only the TL-PA8030P, its also the TL-PA8010P Adapter at my home. But other powerline adapters also didn´t work. Sometimes I have to unplug them and had to settingt them up again. So I am proud, that the TP Link Adapters only loses the connection for a few seconds. I hope this will be fixed soon.
Options
2016-01-02 18:18:37
Same issue here. I have a pair of AV1200 with latest firmware and am experiencing frequent random drop-outs. Resetting the device from the PowerLine Utility seems to restore the connection temporarily.
Options
2016-01-03 04:36:00
I am also experiencing disconnections using the AV1200 TL-PA8030P KIT. (purchased approx. 8 weeks ago)

At the moment if I remove the network cat5 plug & reinsert it I regain my internet connection.

Using BT Hub5 router.
Options
2016-01-05 04:03:13
Sounds like the standard TP-Link homeplug drop-out. Widespread issue.

Only way to keep the connection alive is to ping your router constantly. Open a command prompt window and type :
ping 192.168.1.1 -t (substitute your own router IP)
Options
2016-01-05 16:20:38
Sorry to jump into this thread but I'm interested in starfs comment on the tp link home plus dropout is a widespread issue. I've got some tp link pa210 and I'm ALWAYS having to check the lights to see if they are still connected to powerline network or pulling plug out and putting back in. This happens on both the device I am using eg. PS4 or more annoyingly on the router. The other day my Internet on PS4 stopped working so I had to pull out TV unit and saw that the lights on tp link were all working. So then had to go down 2 floors and check the lights on the tp link connected to router and the middle one was off. So I pulled out the plug and put it back in and it worked again. In summary it's a nightmare to use. I get dropouts at least a few times a week. Is this a tp link specific thing? I was actually contemplating updating my powerline adapters to eitherA) tplink av500 with pass through orB) devolo 650+ with pass through A) is only 50 quid but if it has the same drop out rates then there's no point in upgrading. B) is 120 but if devolo doesn't have the drop out prob I would be happy to pay! Could someone please advise?
Options
2016-01-05 19:13:18
Sorry to jump into this thread but I'm interested in starfs comment that the tp link home plug dropout is a widespread issue. I've got some tp link pa210 and I'm ALWAYS having to check the lights to see if they are still connected to powerline network or pulling the plug out and putting back in. This happens on both the device I am using eg. PS4 or more annoyingly on the router. The other day my Internet on PS4 stopped working so I had to pull out the TV unit and saw that the lights on tp link were all working. So then had to go down 2 floors and check the lights on the tp link connected to router and the middle one was off. So I pulled out the plug and put it back in and it worked again. In summary it's a nightmare to use. I get dropouts at least a few times a week. Is this a tp link specific thing? I was actually contemplating updating my powerline adapters to eitherA) tplink av500 with pass through orB) devolo 650+ with pass through A) is only 50 quid but if it has the same drop out rates then there's no point in upgrading. B) is 120 but if devolo doesn't have the drop out prob I would be happy to pay! Or. Is the problem just my old home wiringCould someone please advise?
Options
2016-01-06 14:55:55
i bought this cpl kit 1 month ago.

I'm experiencing the same problem.
loss a connexion many times a day.

Let be clear, this problem is inaceptable.

TP-Link you have to make a fix right now or i will resell those stuff and make a realy good 'advertising" for you.
Options
2016-01-08 09:10:30

Raiyan wrote

Sorry to jump into this thread but I'm interested in starfs comment on the tp link home plus dropout is a widespread issue. I've got some tp link pa210 and I'm ALWAYS having to check the lights to see if they are still connected to powerline network or pulling plug out and putting back in. This happens on both the device I am using eg. PS4 or more annoyingly on the router. The other day my Internet on PS4 stopped working so I had to pull out TV unit and saw that the lights on tp link were all working. So then had to go down 2 floors and check the lights on the tp link connected to router and the middle one was off. So I pulled out the plug and put it back in and it worked again. In summary it's a nightmare to use. I get dropouts at least a few times a week. Is this a tp link specific thing? I was actually contemplating updating my powerline adapters to eitherA) tplink av500 with pass through orB) devolo 650+ with pass through A) is only 50 quid but if it has the same drop out rates then there's no point in upgrading. B) is 120 but if devolo doesn't have the drop out prob I would be happy to pay! Could someone please advise?

Search the forum to see how common the problem is.

The drop-outs will probably get worse if you move to a TP-Link AV500.

I don't know if other brands experience the same thing (chipset/firmware is often shared) but if you plan to upgrade, then for sure I would try moving to another brand.
Options
2016-01-27 03:51:28
any solution ?

So i sell it to someone

Bye bye Ad vitam TPLINK
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2926

Replies: 19

Related Articles