AV1200 TL-PA8030P KIT random disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AV1200 TL-PA8030P KIT random disconnections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:AV1200 TL-PA8030P KIT random disconnections
2016-01-27 18:14:30
Same here with AV500.

Any solution ? My driver are from 01/10/15 Windows 10 *64

Thank you
Options
Same problem with mine
2016-01-27 18:31:57
I bought exactly the same kit from Amazon on January 11th 2016 and have been experiencing exactly the same problem. I previously used TP-Link 200Mbps adapters for three years and they were rock solid. I didn't have a single problem with them. These connect at between 680-720Mbps depending on the time of day and the internet works fine most of the time but occasionally I'l get an error message in Google Chrome. Something like DNS_FINISHED_PROBE or something. When that happens I become aware that the network has become completely unresponsive via the Powerline adapter. I have a PS4 and Sony Bravia smart TV plugged into the same adapter and they can't access the network either. I can't even ping 192.168.1.1 (the router). My smartphone and tablet however can still access the internet via the same router wirelessly.

As an aside - and possibly related - I can't help wondering if the Powerline's built-in QOS is doing a really bad job of routing because I've noticed that my PC (which is configured to wake-on-LAN in the BIOS) occasionally wakes up unprompted. But ONLY when plugged into this powerline adapter. It's like it's misdirecting packets intended for the PS4 or TV to the PC. There doesn't seem to be any way to disable it via the utility software, but I'm wondering if this will do it:

Any thoughts?

I'm not hopeful after receiving a first response from TP-Link Support but we will see how it goes. Needless to say, if it doesn't get resolved I'll be getting a refund and avoiding TP-Link in future. I'm absolutely amazed there hasn't been a firmware update in eleven months given the sheer number of people with the exact same complaints.
Options
2016-01-28 18:43:47
This forum is almost as useless as the adapters. I posted a message 24 hours ago and it still hasn't appeared. FWIW, I've been having the same problem with the same adapters (only owned them a couple of weeks) and always suspected QoS was responsible. It seems really flaky, like it sometimes sends the wrong packets to the wrong computers because my PC will often wake up (via wake-on-lan) when I'm on the PS4 (also connected through Powerline).

Using the TP-Link utility software, I changed the Advanced QoS settings to "Advanced Priority Mapping" and disabled both VLAN Tags and TOS Bits (ie. both options must be unticked). I figured that was as close to turning QoS OFF as possible without a dedicated option to do so. This must be done on BOTH adapters. It can't be done remotely so you have to switch them over after you've done it and do it again on the other adapter.

In the 24 hours since my connection has been much improved, but it's possible that's just a fluke I suppose. I hope not though.
Options
2016-01-29 11:00:58
Forget all the stuff above about QoS. The adapters began disconnecting every few minutes again and I've been messing around with them all day to no avail. I even created a complete blackout in my house bar the computer, adapters and router but problem was still there.

Support go back to me again tonight to inform me there is no QoS on these adapters. So why put configuration options in the software then? They even seem to remember the settings.

Anyway, I've decided to send them back to Amazon for a complete refund. I'll be buying replacements, but they won't be manufactured by TP-Link. The time I've spent trying to resolve this problem is ridiculous for something that should just work out of the box.

I still can't believe it took 24 hours for my TP-Link forum account to be approved, 48 hours for my first post to appear and 24 hours for the second (they showed up simultaneously). This forum is about as impressive as the adapters. Meaning: Not at all.

Anyway I give up.

Bye.
Options
2016-01-29 23:56:15
Giving up and returning the kit to Amazon for a refund.

:(
Options
2016-12-21 03:19:31
Hello, I have the power save problem.
I have the Tp link TL-WPA 4220 Kit, and the problem is the PLC AV500 unit.
The Switch Save Power Tool does not work:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15080[/ATTACH]

The latest soft from TP Link, the SetStandbyMode seems to work:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15081[/ATTACH]

But it doesn t, no matter what shows the image above, the AV500 unit gets on but after a while it goes into stand by mode.....
I already update the firmware.
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot¡

Ramiro
Options
2016-12-21 03:21:19
Hello, I have the power save problem.
I have the Tp link TL-WPA 4220 Kit, and the problem is the PLC AV500 unit.
The Switch Save Power Tool does not work:

The latest soft from TP Link, the SetStandbyMode seems to work:

But it doesn t, matter what shows the image above, the AV500 unit gets on but after a while it goes into stand by mode.....
I already update the firmware.
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot¡

Ramiro
Options
2016-12-31 19:59:47
I've had this issue for over a year with my 3 TL-PA8030PKITs, and have been going through the ticket system from Nov 2015 to June 2016 (when I had to leave it for a while due to work commitments). The last point was they suggest I RMA the 6 devices.
As this seems to be a give up on the issue, and the reseller is no longer keen on an RMA due to over the 1 year mark (the delay as due to me being out of the country), I am having to ask for a refund directly from TP-Link. We shll see how far I get with this. I'd prefer a working product really, but a refund will at least let me look elsewhere.
Options
2017-01-02 15:49:25
Maybe a new firmware could be of help...
Good luck!
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?93685-Firmwareupdate-for-TP-PL8030P
Options