Configure by Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Configure by Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Configure by Ethernet
Configure by Ethernet
2015-11-24 04:57:40
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I installed a TL-WPA4220 kit today to get networking from my home office to a computer at the other end of the house.
That was all easy peasy, but then the big time waste happened.

I tried configuring the kit from my Win 7 computer via ethernet, but it just wouldn't happen.

Why?

Why does this stuff have to be configured via Wi-fi, particularly as none of my desktop computers has Wi-fi ?

Some hours later I borrowed a Wi-fi enabled Laptop to do the configs, like change username and password and a couple of other tweaks.

So Why?

Arturox

:(
Options
1 Reply
Re:Configure by Ethernet
2015-11-24 14:19:31
Anyway...
One of the config things I did was change the IP address of the TL-WPA4220 to one that's within a restricted zone on my router (A number of reserved IP addresses I've set that DHCP can't access) so it is now possible to access the configs of the TL-WPA4220 from a none Wi-fi computer using that address in my browser (Firefox).

I'm sorted.

Ax
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 182

Replies: 1

Related Articles