Problem with TP Link WiFi boosters - no signal via Ethernet ports?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-04 00:31:53
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My setup is as follows:

Modem in upstairs study with 4 Ethernet ports.

Two computers in the study are directly connected to two of these ports by Ethernet cable, without any problem.

I had been using a third Ethernet port with a pair of these.......

http://www.argos.ie/st...chtext%3ETP+LINK.htm

......one of which was connected to my Sky TV box.

Last night I swapped the TV box connection over to a WiFi Radio HiFi in another room. It ran like a train - no problems.

However, today I bought a second pair of TP Link adapters to reconnect my Sky TV box and use up the 4th Ethernet port on the modem.

Now I have NO signal whatsoever to either the WiFi radio or the Sky TV box
With both TP Links turned on I have the upper and lower green lights, but not the middle one.

I then unplugged one pair of them completely and rebooted only the one attached to the radio. Still no signal. Still only two green lights.

I've tried rebooting the modem, holding in the button on the TP Link adapter to reboot the lights on it - nothing.

Not a happy bunny at all. I've gone from superb Sky TV box signal OR superb WiFi radio signal, to zip.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

D.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 0

Related Articles