TL-WPA4220kit - devices on this cant connect to other devices in same network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-08 03:11:03
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TL-WPA4220kit and plugged it in and cloned and all seemed to be fine – both have same SSID, password etc I have also checked this via the TP utilities

However as I have starting using more of the devices in the house, a problem has come up
The original router status page shows what is connected to it and shows all devices connected to it via the TP Line as LAN1 – this makes sense as the powerline is plugged in to port 1 of the router and each wireless device connected to the adapter is shown as this port, ie LAN1.
Now the other devices on the network, via cable as say LAN2, LAN3, LAN4 and / or anything directly connected to the router via wifi also show in the router status page

Basically all looks good
But if say a laptop connect via the TP Line (LAN1) tries to print to the wireless printer connected to the original router - it cant see the printer – it shows as off line
Or an iphone connected to the standard router tries to play music over airplay to a device connected to the TP link – again it cant see it
It seems as if both networks are shown on the router status page and all looks good but devices connected via one method (ie TPLink or Router) cant communicate with devices connected via the other method - screen print below shows more info but as example ellas iPhone on LAN1 (TPLink) cant access the device Kitchen (airport express connect to router)

any ideas

File:
router page.PNGDownload
Options
6 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220kit - devices on this cant connect to other devices in same network
2015-12-21 07:39:06
I have this same problem. Looking for a solution for it as well. Will update this thread if I find one.
Options
Re:TL-WPA4220kit - devices on this cant connect to other devices in same network
2015-12-30 18:31:53
I have clearly the same issue with my HP 3070A printer. This printer is only WIFI, no RJ45 connector, so its an obligation to connect it via WIFI and its not seen when connecter to different WIFI repeaters.
Options
2015-12-31 01:55:23
This is my problem too. Has anybody contacted TP LINK support?
Options
2016-01-04 20:06:01
I have the same issue, though I thought it was a problem with my router not routing traffic from its WiFi network to the LAN port network.
Options
2016-01-05 16:54:47
I have now had a response from the TP Support - they said it was an issue with apple Bonjour and the version of firmware on my tp link - they sent me a new version of firm ware which I upgrade the tplink with via the powerline scan utilities - and just tested it and dare I say it, but it appears to work - ie I have my iPhone connected via a tp link and the airplay device connected via the main router and for the first time they can see each other and I can play music again - the updated firmware version is WPA4220(UK)-20130829-beta-up.bin
Options
2016-01-27 00:46:53
I had the same, or a very similar problem with my WPA4220. My problem involved printing. If my printer connected via the WPA4220 and my laptop connected via my main router, I couldn't print and Windows reported that my printer was "offline". I updated the firmware to version 1.2.9 Build 151026 Rel.75883n (the latest according to TP-Link) but that had no impact on my problem.

I did stumble on a change that seems to have worked. My main router assigns DHCPs in the range of 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.149. Somehow, the WPA4220 had been assigned an IP address of 192.168.1.120, in the range of the DHCP server. I changed to address of the WPA4220 to 192.168.1.200 and rebooted it. The problem has now disappeared. I have no idea why. I opened a ticket and I'm hopeful that TP-Link will help me understand if I've really fixed the problem or not.

Edited to add: The IP address change didn't really work. I continue to work with TP-Link support to find a solution and will post back with any results.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1208

Replies: 6

Related Articles