Is there such a thing as a bad electrical socket?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-09 04:26:15
Model : TL-PA210

Hardware Version : 1.1

Firmware Version :

I was recently out of my bedroom for a while and don't know if someone (parents etc) changed the socket the powerline adapter was in, I mention this because prior to this I never had the problems that I have been having the past couple of days. I have the TP-Link Model TL-PA210 for around the past two years (it's probably an outdated model thats how long I've had it) and haven't had this problem until now. Throughout the past couple of days I've been wondering why my internet would work for 5-10 minutes then get really, really sluggish before eventually getting the no internet access symbol over my network connection.

I thought the problem was down to the power adapters being unpaired or something so I went about resetting the whole network, (I've another three adapters throughout the house, one is the same model the other two are much more recent ones.) I was resetting and repairing the whole network, but in the one place, for all adapters, away from the socket that was giving me trouble (although at this stage I wasn't aware it was to do with the socket.) Tested the adapters and the one that was giving me trouble in the kitchen, everything worked great, put the adapters back in their original places and the same thing happened, that was originally happening. Now I started to suspect it was the socket or at least the electrical wiring out in the extension where the bedroom lies, so I quickly ran to the kitchen this time with the one adapter and plugged it into a socket out their, and it worked instantly. I moved back to my bedroom and changed the socket that I have usually been putting it in and am having no problems.

Keen to hear other peoples view on this, did a search for bad socket and didn't get much relevant results, sorry if this is a recurring issue in this sub-forum and I wasted your time.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Is there such a thing as a bad electrical socket?
2016-01-29 18:25:11
Yes. You can have bad sockets.
You can also have interference noise from various devices.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 748

Replies: 1

Related Articles