TP-Link AV500 Powerline wifi kit not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-12 01:20:27
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have had this powerline working for about 3 months. No trouble installing it.
Since I got a new iPhone 5s there's been trouble, but not just on the iphone, also the iphone of both my girls and on two laptops (macbook and HP windows 10).
Have reset the powerline, reset the modem, forgot wifipoint and rejoined, nothing works....
When finfing wifi point the TP link is available, but when enetering password it just keeps searching and never connects...
Also have iPad mini by the way, same story....
Any suggestions?
Options
9 Reply
Re:TP-Link AV500 Powerline wifi kit not working
2015-12-14 17:42:27
This sounds like the same problem I'm having with my iPad and a powerline extender kit, that I've just created a thread about (thread hasn't appeared yet). It was working fine but has just suddenly stopped. It shows a strong signal but gets stuck trying to connect and like you reentering the password doesn't seem to do anything.
Options
Solution?
2015-12-16 00:12:13
So have you found a solution?
I have tried everything from resetting wifi etc on iPhone as well as resetting TPlink to factory settings and starting all over with the installation...
Options
2015-12-17 16:03:43
Same here and nothing seems to work :mad:
Options
2015-12-18 06:56:12
After working for a few weeks, I too now have the consistent issue that the will the adapter connects to my wifi, it does not allow any traffic from my devices. I am have read as much as I can and I do not see that there is a solution. Can someone at T-Link please help?
Options
2015-12-27 01:57:06
I have had all of the same issues - all with Apple products. If I go to the main floor next to my router/modem with iphones/ipads, they will reconnect to the network, and when I go to the areas where the TP Link extenders are I will be connected with great speeds for a few minutes and then get dropped off. Reconnecting continually asks me to log on over and over. Very frustrating.

I have since pulled the devices to try looking for some other solution.
Options
Do moderators check these posts? respond to them?
2016-01-03 23:50:28
It appears no one answers these posts or chimes in? Have any of you found solutions for your Apple products? I reached out directly to tech support and they have been trying multiple channel solutions with nothing working yet.
Options
2016-01-04 04:28:42
BUMP! I have this problem and it is doing my head in. Even if I switch off the wifi funciton on the device it appears to affect my connectivity at hom. Help!
Options
2016-01-04 16:12:09
I don't think it is just Apple products as I've also had problems getting a laptop to connect as well. I'm sending my equipment back for a refund or exchange for another manufacturer's product.
Options
Fixed
2016-01-07 02:14:00
So I finally fixed mine, in case yours is constantly asking for the password, maybe this will work for you.

First, you have to download the TPLink interface software to log into the unit. Cloning never changed the password on my unit which was the culprit. So you can either go in and manually change it, or what I did was reset the unit completely, then went in and manually changed the WiFi name and password and it works great.

Good luck. Emails for support.

'candice.huang@tp-link.com'; 'angel.xiao@tp-link.com'
'support.usa@tp-link.com'
Options